Saturday, April 07, 2012

Gratitude

Gratitude is a decidedly wonderful gift to give and to receive. We all want to be appreciated for our efforts and show appreciation to others for theirs. (At least, I hope so!)

Beyond that sense of being grateful, however, is the overwhelming attitude of gratitude that comes about when you face the world and realize how lucky blessed you really are. This video really explains vividly what I mean:

 

I have to remind myself to be grateful for all the blessings I have and I urge every one of us to continue to look at all of the wealth that surrounds us. Not simply the material possessions, but the sense of security, the movement of our bodies and brains, and all of the other priceless good stuff. 

We really do have a wonderful life.

"What a wonderful life I've had! I only wish I'd realized it sooner."--Sidonie-Gabrielle Colette

4 comments:

  1. Very cool. It's so good to be able to reflect on all the things I am grateful for. I don't do it enough.

    Good luck with the rest of the challenge!

    Dianna Fielding
    sociologyfornerds.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think a lot of people's outlooks would change if they sat for a moment and thought about all the blessings they've had in life opposed to all the things they can find to complain about.

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Have something to say? Please share!

Emily's books

Mutant Message Down Under
5 of 5 stars
Sometimes things aren't what they seem and can be amazing
The Alchemist
5 of 5 stars
A journey that helps to enlighten one and takes the rest of us along for the ride
Anahita's woven riddle
5 of 5 stars
This is classified young adult but is one of the most fantastic stories and shows what life was like before the Shaw was overthrown in Iran.
Think and Grow Rich
5 of 5 stars
must read for those who enjoy prosperity

goodreads.com