Thursday, April 05, 2012

Easter EEE!!-ffects

I have stolen my husband's phrase, the "EEEEE!!" that is high pitched and quite funny.  I exclaim it when something startles me and it always makes me laugh. I wonder sometimes how I pick up things, certain habits, mannerisms, or phrases. As an actress I see where this comes from within myself, but it is also a basic human characteristic to mimic something we like--that makes us laugh, for instance.

"Imitation is the highest form of flattery" or so they say. I would like to imitate someone who has made more of an impact on me than anyone or anything and has literally saved my life. 

This person is Jesus. 

Now I know some of you are rolling your eyes, "how cliche" you may be thinking to yourself. Hear me out, though. I am talking about a radical notion. Not just a simple gesture, but a life-altering change in my complete being. I want to draw closer to the Living God and I want to be someone who he allows to do that. My thoughts and actions will show my heart.

Are my thoughts and actions worthy?

Do my thoughts and actions show a heart after God's own heart: Do I spurn the poor or do I try to help them? Do I respect my parents, elders, and others? Do I love my enemies? (How am I supposed to do that!?) 

Ultimately, do I have the heart of the sinner or of the saved? 

Every thought is a choice. 

Every action is further evidence of my faith or lack thereof.

Caution: Mind blowing thoughts ahead.

This life is the illusion where every moment is reality, because it effects eternity--forever. Like ripples on water, every thought and action ripples throughout space and time never ending as the effects go on without ceasing. This is why our thoughts are so very important and our actions sit beside them, they are equals in eternal and infinite ramifications.

There is an interconnectedness to everything and much of our lives is about the spiritual side of life. Even though we don't register it consciously with our five senses. It is summed up best in scripture:

 "For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

-Ephesians 6:12 (1769 Oxford King James Bible)



I may do battle everyday in my own mind and I must never forget why Jesus had to come to save us. There are powers that would like us to be wicked that we cannot even comprehend in the blindness of this life.


Jesus came to take the blind-folds off and give us life.




Just remember, we are all in a battle and it begins in our own minds. 

Have a happy Easter!



No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments! Have something to say? Please share!

Emily's books

Mutant Message Down Under
5 of 5 stars
Sometimes things aren't what they seem and can be amazing
The Alchemist
5 of 5 stars
A journey that helps to enlighten one and takes the rest of us along for the ride
Anahita's woven riddle
5 of 5 stars
This is classified young adult but is one of the most fantastic stories and shows what life was like before the Shaw was overthrown in Iran.
Think and Grow Rich
5 of 5 stars
must read for those who enjoy prosperity

goodreads.com